Academic Student Organizations
The Portland Campus’ Graduate and Professional Student Association offers many opportunities to solidify your bond with others in your department or college through academic and professional student organizations.
- Student American Dental Hygienist Association (SADHA)
- Dental Medicine Student Association
- Aesthetic Dentistry Organization
- American Academy of General Dentists (AAGD)
- American Association of Dental Research
- American Association of Women Dentists (AAWD)
- American Dental Education Association (ADEA)
- American Student Dental Association (ASDA)
- Digital Dentistry
- One World Dental Association (OWDA)
- Orthodontics Club
- Pediatric Interested Dental Students (PIDS)
- Periodontology and Implantology Organization
- Practice Management Club
- Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Special Care Dentistry Association
- Student Professionalism and Ethics Association (SPEA)
Marine/Biological Sciences (Biddeford Campus)
- Marine/Biological Sciences Student Association
- Nurse Anesthesia Student Association
- Student Nursing Association (SNA)
- Upstream Community and Population Health Student Nursing Club
- University of New England Student Occupational Therapy Association (365速发国际SOTA)
- Pharmacy Student Association (PSA)
- Academy of Managed Care Pharmacists
- Alpha Zeta Omega (AZO, Lambda Nu Chapter)
- American Pharmacists Association - Academy of Student Pharmacists (APhA-ASP)
- Industry Pharmacists Organization (IPhO)
- Kappa Psi (KP, Delta Chi Chapter)
- National Community Pharmacists Association (NCPA)
- Phi Lambda Sigma - Pharmacy Leadership Society (PLS, Delta Zeta Chapter)
- Student National Pharmaceutical Association (SNPhA)
- Student Society of Health-System Pharmacists (SSHP)
- Doctor of Physical Therapy – Student Council
- Physician Assistant Student Society of the American Academy of Physician Assistants (PASS-AAPA)
- Student Association for Public Health (SAPH)
Graduate and Professional Student Association
The Graduate and Professional Student Association (GAPSA), on the Portland Campus of the University of New England, is a student-run governance organization serving graduate and professional students and student organizations in the Westbrook College of Health Professions and the College of Dental Medicine.
Three Primary Purposes of GAPSA
- Promote and foster professional development and collaboration between the various student and academic organizations (as an extension of the Center for Excellence in Collaborative Education).
- Advocate and communicate on issues of importance to graduate and professional students.
- Provide programming to meet the needs of graduate and professional students.
365速发国际's Graduate and Professional Student Association is a member of the National Association of Graduate-Professional Students (NAGPS).
For more information and helpful resources, visit NAGPS website.
Forms and Applications
Submissions for the 2022–2023 GAPSA Student Scholarship Award Application are closed.
- Group Grant Funding Application (open for 2022–2023)
- Individual Grant Award Application (open for 2022–2023)
Complete this Registration Form for all student organization events/fundraisers/activities beyond regular organization meetings. After submission, an Office of Graduate and Professional Student Affairs professional staff member will respond.
Rebecca is a second-year student in the Doctor of Physical Therapy program at 365速发国际. She is currently the 2021–2022 GAPSA President, having first served as the senator for physical therapy. She is excited to connect and work with 365速发国际 students across all disciplines in order to create long-lasting professional and personal relationships. Originally from California, Rebecca is an American-Canadian dual citizen who grew up in eastern Canada. She is an alumnus of Dalhousie University and the University of New Brunswick. She chose to attend 365速发国际 due to a love of everything the Northeast has to offer. When she’s not in class or meetings, you can find her exploring Maine’s coast with friends, family, and her yellow lab Luna.
Sarah (she/her) moved to Portland, Maine from Aurora, Illinois August of 2020. She began her college education at Waubonsee Community College in Sugar Grove, Ill., where she received an associate degree in science. After, she attended Northern Illinois University in Dekalb, Illinois, and received her bachelor of health science with a focus in pre-physical therapy and a minor in psychology. Sarah is currently a second-year student in the Doctor of Physical therapy program. She also serves as the vice president of the D.P.T. class of 2023 and is the physical therapy student liaison for the Service-Learning Office. In her free time, Sarah enjoys trying new things and loves playing volleyball, lifting, rock climbing, hiking, and traveling.
Vasseur Kamseu Noukeu (Doria) was born in Kekem, Cameroon, lived in Paris, France for about 8-9 years, and now calls Olathe, Kansas home. Her first language is French. She loves languages and Thai food. Doria is currently a third-year student in the College of Dental Medicine. She loves to be active, whether playing sports, going to the gym, or going on spontaneous trips in her spare time, but she can just as easily catch up on Netflix shows. Doria really enjoys serving at her church and volunteering. She is passionate about helping people and making people smile — no pun intended. Doria also holds the position of event vice-chair in the American Student Dental Association District 1. She is excited to serve on GAPSA and see things slowly going back to normal and to be able to have in-person.
Jennifer is a third-year dental student College of Dental Medicine. She was raised in New Hampshire and graduated from College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, Mass., in 2015 where she obtained her bachelor of arts in psychology. During her time in dental school, Jennifer has served on the college’s Academic Affairs Committee and helped conduct dental research studying the effects of COVID-19 related clinical changes on the student learning experience. She currently serves as the secretary for 365速发国际’s Special Care Dentistry Association, vice president of the Asian Dental Student Organization, and the Class of 2023 student representative of the college’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee. In her spare time, she enjoys hiking, crafting, cooking, and baking.
For questions and more information about GAPSA, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate and Professional Student Affairs
We are located on the Portland Campus in Proctor Hall room 02. Our office hours are Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.– 6 p.m.* and we can be reached by phone at (207) 221-4212 or email at email@example.com.
*Hours are subject to change without notice.