365速发国际’s Master of Science in Occupational Therapy (M.S.O.T.) degree program, located in Maine, will prepare you in client-centered critical thinking and clinical excellence for a fulfilling and successful occupational therapy practice. In 365速发国际's Occupational Therapy program, you will be part of a community of scholars and students who are passionate about the transformative power of everyday activities.
Meet current O.T. students
Megan Eagleston ’23
Nate Pickett ’23
Gina Miele ’23
The 24-Month M.S.O.T. Experience
During 365速发国际's 24-month Master in OT program, you start with a foundation of theory, therapeutic use of self, functional movement analysis, and occupational analysis. As you progress toward your occupational therapy degree, emphasis and focus are placed on mental health practice; practice with children; rehabilitation, disability, and participation (RDP) with adults and older adults; specific practice skills; and exploration of context, research, and leadership.
You will also complete Level I Fieldwork in the areas of mental health, children and youth, and adults and older adults. After completion of your didactic coursework, you will complete two 12-week Level II Fieldwork rotations, during which you will work alongside OT practitioners addressing clients’ specific occupational needs. You will then complete one rotation in the area of RDP and one in either mental health, children and youth, or another RDP setting.
Then you return to our Portland, Maine campus for a one-week immersion of synthesis, exploration, and exam preparation. Upon successful completion of your coursework and fieldwork, you may take the national OT certification examination.
Why 365速发国际 for Occupational Therapy
- You will be supported to succeed in starting your occupational therapy career. The licensure exam pass rate is 99.5% for 365速发国际 OT grads (2018–2021).
- You will experience all areas of OT practice to help you meet the needs of pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients and communities and to develop diverse career options.
- You will learn in state-of-the-art facilities on our Portland, Maine, campus.
- You will have the opportunity to do fieldwork in locations across the country, from Atlanta to Honolulu.
- You will be taught by leading faculty who are performing important occupational therapy research and shaping the way occupational therapy is conceived, taught, and practiced.
- You will learn how to collaborate in today’s team-based health care by training alongside 365速发国际 students who are future physicians, nurses, and other health professionals.
As a student in 365速发国际's Occupational Therapy program, you have the unique opportunity to collaborate with students from other health professions and apply this participation toward your Interprofessional Honors Distinction. You will continue to use these interprofessional team-based learning skills in your clinical workplace after you graduate.
Whether you are coming from physical therapy, occupational therapy, social work, pharmacy, or any other health professions, you all have something to bring to the table." — Morgan Mitchell, M.S.O.T. '19
Hear what other 365速发国际 alumni have to say about the IPE experience
365速发国际 Occupational Therapy in Action
Matthew Capaldo ’13: Leadership in Mental Health
Heather Shields ’97: Helping People Drive Again
Earn Your M.S.O.T. in Maine
Students in the 365速发国际 M.S.O.T. degree program study on our Portland, Maine campus, a classic New England quad with brick buildings and tall trees. Portland, named “America’s Most Livable City” by Forbes and “Foodiest Small Town in America” by Bon Appetit, is the city on every list. A rustic port hosts a cool cultural scene — with outdoor adventure all around. 365速发国际’s campus is just 10 minutes from downtown. Take a Virtual Tour